PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 6 TO 12 MINUTES
MAKES 12 TOASTS
Shrimp toast is a classic appetizer popular in Chinese restaurants. In the traditional preparation, chopped shrimp is mixed with egg whites and seasonings and spread on toast, then deep-fried until crisp. The air fryer makes this recipe a breeze because you don’t have to mess with hot oil and turning the little toasts as they cook.
3 slices ﬁrm white bread 2/3 cup ﬁnely chopped peeled and deveined raw shrimp 1 egg white 2 cloves garlic, minced 2 tablespoons cornstarch 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger Pinch salt Freshly ground black pepper 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Cut the crusts from the bread using a sharp knife; crumble the crusts to make bread crumbs. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the shrimp, egg white, garlic, cornstarch, ginger, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
3. Spread the shrimp mixture evenly on the bread to the edges. With a sharp knife, cut each slice into 4 strips.
4. Mix the bread crumbs with the olive oil and pat onto the shrimp mixture. Place the shrimp toasts in the air ﬁyer basket in a single layer; you may need to cook in batches.
5. Air-fry for 3 to 6 minutes, until crisp and golden brown.
Substitution tip: Substitute ﬁnely minced cooked crabmeat for the shrimp in this recipe, or use ground chicken or ground turkey instead.