PREP TIME: 7 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 20 TO 25 MINUTES
SERVES 4 370°F FRY FAMILY FAVORITE
Fried chicken is perhaps the most decadent of fried foods. But many people don’t make it at home because oil splatters everywhere when you ﬂy chicken. And it’s just not healthy to eat it too often. The air fryer comes to the rescue with this wonderful adaptation.
6 chicken pieces: drumsticks, breasts, and thighs 1 cup ﬂour 2 teaspoons paprika Pinch salt Freshly ground black pepper 1/3 cup buttermilk 2 eggs 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1. Pat the chicken dry. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, paprika, salt, and pepper.
2. In another bowl, beat the buttermilk with the eggs until smooth.
3. In a third bowl, combine the olive oil and bread crumbs until mixed.
4. Dredge the chicken in the flour, then into the eggs to coat, and finally into the bread crumbs, patting the crumbs firmly onto the chicken skin.
5. Air-fry the chicken for 20 to 25 minutes, turning each piece over halfway during cooking until the meat registers 165°F on a meat thermometer and the chicken is brown and crisp. Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve.
Variation tip: You can marinate the chicken in buttermilk and spices such as cayenne pepper, chili powder, or garlic powder overnight before you cook it. This makes the chicken even more moist and tender and adds ﬂavor.