PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 11 TO 15 MINUTES
SERVES 4 400°F BAKE FAMILY FAVORITE
Meatballs may become your air fryer go-to: You can make moist meatballs with a slightly crisp crust with much less eﬁ‘ort than you’d expend making them on the stovetop. To avoid smoke, use ground beef that is at least 95 percent lean.
3 green onions, minced 1 garlic clove, minced 1 egg yolk 1/4 cup saltine cracker crumbs Pinch salt Freshly ground black pepper 1 pound 95 percent lean ground beef Olive oil for misting 1 1/4 cups pasta sauce (from a 16-ounce jar) 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1. In a large bowl, combine the green onions, garlic, egg yolk, cracker crumbs, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
2. Add the ground beef and mix gently but thoroughly with your hands until combined. Form into 1 1/2-inch meatballs.
3. Mist the meatballs with olive oil and put into the basket of the air fryer.
4. Bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until the meatballs are 165°F.
5. Remove the meatballs from the basket and place in a 6-inch metal bowl. Top with the pasta sauce and Dijon mustard and mix gently.
6. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes or until the sauce is hot.
Substitution tip: You can make these meatballs with lean ground pork, or ground chicken or turkey, or a combination of any of those meats. Just make sure you cook them until they register an internal temperature of 1 65°F for food safety reasons.