PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 7 TO 9 MINUTES
SERVES 4 370°F BAKE FAMILY FAVORITE
You may be surprised to learn that pizza bakes beautifully—and quickly—in the air fryer! The crust crisps up, the cheese melts to perfection, and the toppings get hot and remain ﬁrm not soggy. This recipe provides a spicy twist to a classic pie.
3/4 cup refried beans (from a 16-ounce can) 1/2 cup salsa 10 frozen pre-cooked beef meatballs, thawed and sliced 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced 4 whole-wheat pita breads 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese 1/3 cup sour cream
1. In a medium bowl, combine the refried beans, salsa, meatballs, and jalapeno pepper.
2. Preheat the air fryer for 3 to 4 minutes or until hot.
3. Top the pitas with the refried bean mixture and sprinkle with the cheeses.
4. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until the pizza is crisp and the cheese is melted and starts to brown.
5. Top each pizza with a dollop of sour cream and serve warm.
Substitution tip: If you like, add cooked pork sausage to this recipe. Or add other vegetables, such as mushrooms, chopped onion, or chopped tomatoes to the refried bean mixture.